Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What I'm Reading Now!

Losing My Soul by Barbara Joe Williams

When a man and a woman commit to one another in the bonds of matrimony, they agree to love until death. However, in Barbara Joe Williams’ exciting novel, Losing My Soul, the question remains: exactly whose death are we referring to?

Belinda Taylor has it all – a rich and handsome husband, lovely children, a grand home, and the material trappings of wealth. Look deeper, though, and one will see that beneath this perfect fa├žade lies an adulterous spouse whose love affairs are ruining their marriage - and Belinda has taken on the task recommended by her aunt of becoming a one-woman wrecking crew who is hell bent on destroying her husband's latest mistress Bridget Hunter!

This isn’t the first time that Belinda has dealt with her husband’s little playthings. In Barbara Joe’s previous novel, A Man of My Own, we see her fury as she handles the gold-digging Lisa LaRaye Bradford. But in Losing My Soul, Belinda moves beyond the norm and is swallowed up by a pit of despair that rocks her sense of identity and cripples her spiritual core! 
With all hope seemingly lost, Belinda begins her long journey of self-acceptance, forgiveness, and the restoration of a soul caught up in life's worldly desires! 

Barbara Joe is a master storyteller and Losing My Soul proves it, hands down! Her
 ability to incorporate uplifting themes such as faith and healing alongside the ugliness that can manifest due to hatred and materialism makes Losing My Soul a must-read! From the prologue until the final chapter, I was drawn in by the antics of a very desperate housewife - all the while being shown that although our problems seem insurmountable, God can and will restore lives!

Now I know why Barbara Joe's fans keep turning the page...and I have become one of them!

Peace!





2 comments: